Saturday, June 12, 2010

Pam from "Fine as Frog's Hair"

Finally! Good weather to plant! I've dug 60 holes for dahlia tubers and when I got out my stored tubers I have more than that. Ok - must find more space to plant them!I've weed eated the banks, mowed the yard so I could have grass for mulch, transplanted butterfly bushes and lavender, planted new butterfly, hydrandea and nine bark bushes, seeded 3 rows of cosmos, 6 rows of snapdragons, and am still waiting for tilling to be done so I can seed my sunflowers and zinnias, (darn I wish I was strong enough to handle the tiller) this weather has put us way behind schedule. I'll have enough flowers for a few bouquets for this week at the market.The potatoes look great, the beans are up and there are 60 tomato plants in the ground. I put in a row of sweet potatoes that I started from potatoes that I saved from the Farmer's Market last season (thanks Susan and Connie!)Oh, yeh, soap. I have soap for the market tomorrow. And more soap that will be ready in a few weeks. And more soap to make. I have Lavender, Euphoria, Oakmoss, Lemon/Calendula, Sweet Earth, Peppermint/Coco, Olive Oil, and Lilac. See everyone at the Market!!!

No comments: